- Cryptocurrency financial services company Diginex Limited will be listed for trading on Nasdaq starting today.
- The statement outlined that the listing became possible after Diginex completed a “business combination transaction” with a special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) dubbed 8i Enterprises Acquisition Corp.
- Diginex stock went live on Nasdaq Thursday morning under the ticker symbol “EQOS, which resembles the company’s trading platform – equos.io. Diginex warrants will trade under the “EQOSW” symbol.
- A critical development that facilitated the Nasdaq listing came recently when the company raised $50 million. The funds’ purpose was to “strengthen the balance sheet and enable Diginex to realize its vision to build a digital asset ecosystem that offers innovative products and services that are compliant, fair, and trusted.”
- Company CEO Richard Byworth commented that this is a “watershed” moment for Diginex and the cryptocurrency field as his firm is the “first-ever company with a crypto exchange on Nasdaq.” This enables US-based investors to directly buy the equity of a firm within the cryptocurrency ecosystem. He believes this will open the door for financial institutions “to participate in the enormous opportunity that digital assets present.”
- Diginex Chairman Chi-Won Yoon noted that the Nasdaq listing will help the company to bring more transparency and accountability to the entire cryptocurrency industry.
The post First Ever Company With Crypto Exchange Listed on NASDAQ appeared first on CryptoPotato.